Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine Frenzy Begins!

I know, it's still 10 days away, but if you're out of Valentine ideas, check back with the blog over the next few days and see some samples. I'll try to keep them coming through next week (skipping the weekend, of course.) Hopefully, some of them will inspire you. Valentine number 1 uses the set called A Happy Heart. Real Red and Caramel make a different color combination. The "heart-i-lion" stamp is first inked in Creamy Caramel, then I used a Real Read marker to highlight the text and the hearts. The chipboard heart is covered with Real Red Craft Ink and then heat dried. I had planned to emboss it with clear embossing powder, but my clear powder has some silver in it that's been hard to remove. Here's the rest of the recipe. Happy mid-week.

Stamps: A Happy Heart
Ink: Real Red (Classic and Craft stamp pads and marker), Creamy Caramel
Paper: Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Real Red
Accessories: Real Red 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Caramel Gingham ribbon (retired), Chipboard heart, sponge dauber, dimensionals

No comments: