Well, they aren't really kissing. They use the kissing technique! I was reminded of this technique recently, so I thought I'd try it out on some butterflies. To refresh your memory: Kissing is when you ink up a solid stamp and use a second stamp (patterned or not) to either remove some of the ink you put on the original stamp or add another color of ink on top. In this case, I did both. I inked up the Butterfly Accent (first in Orchid Opulence), stamped an un-inked Dot-to-Dot stamp on top of it and used it to create the background. For the Certainly Celery and so Saffron Butterflies, I inked the Accent up again (in those colors, separately) and then inked the Dots in Orchid Opulence and stamped on the stamp before stamping on Whisper White and cutting the butterflies out. It's a fun technique to play with. Hope you enjoy.
Stamps: Butterfly Accent, Dot-to-Dot, Well Scripted
Ink: Orchid Opulence, Basic Gray, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Paper: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, Certainly Celery, Designer Series Paper Shades of Spring
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Embosslits Die Beautiful Wings, Sizzix Big Shot machine, mini glue dots, 5/8" Satin Ribbon in Certainly Celery, Rich Regals brads in So Saffron

No comments:
Post a Comment