For my first post back, I decided to highlight the new Snow Flake Splendor Suite on pages 36-38 of the Stampin' Up!Ⓡ August-December 2020 Mini Catalog. Since we are entering the season to craft for giving, I created a gift box filled with notecards. The box itself is one of the Mini Paper Pumpkin boxes found in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog (p. 152.) The boxes are sized to fit Note Cards and Envelopes (AC p.153), but they are also food safe, so you could choose to put some goodies in them, as well.
The boxes come like this:
They're white and so you can decorate them as you choose. I colored my box with a sponge and Balmy Blue ink to stick with the color palette of the suit.
The great thing about these boxes is they go together without any adhesive. And for those of you who are wondering how they compare to the boxes that the monthly Paper Pumpkin kits are in, here is a snapshot of the two next to each other:
After sponging the box, I decided that I would decorate it with a "belly band." This would make the box easy to open and close. I cut a piece of the Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper to 3.5" x 12". The 12" length wraps around the box with enough overlap that you can tape it together securely. I then decorated the top using one of the Celebration Labels (MC, p 58), but any label would work here. I stamped on the label using the Snowflake Wishes stamp set in Pacific Point and Highland Heather inks. I also used the So Many Snowflakes Dies to cut snowflakes out of Highland Heather, and Pacific Point card stock and also the lovely Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper (MC p. 37). I assembled the band while it was on the box and then slid it off so I could fill it with the cards.
For the Cards, I started with 5 of the Note Cards and Envelopes (as mentioned earlier). These are 5" x 3.5" and can be used to attach to a gift or sent in the mail for a quick note. They come in a package of 20, so you could fill 4 boxes with one package.
I decided that the cards should match the decorations on the box, so I started by sponging the fronts of the cards in Balmy Blue.
Next, I used some more of the Designer Series paper that I used on the belly band (a 3" square for easy cutting) and matted it with a 3.25" square of Pacific Point) and attached it to the front of the card. I added snowflakes similar to the ones on the belly band and stamped a sentiment in Pacific Point on each card. I decided to make each on different. Here is one of the cards close up.
I put a Blue Adhesive-backed Gem (MC, p.37) in the middle of the layered snowflakes. A bit of bling just for fun.
Here are all the cards finished.
Don't forget the Envelopes!The five cards and envelopes fit perfectly even with the bling on the front. Now it's time to put on the belly band and we're ready to gift it to someone special this season.
Once again, thanks for visiting and reading through. I hope you found the project inspirational.
Until next time, craft well!











1 comment:
These are beautiful. Are the note cards sold separately? That's a different size than the usual 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. Or do they come with the box?
Post a Comment