Friday, February 7, 2014

Undefined Curling Rocks Card Number 2

Here's the second of the Thank You cards I made with my new "Curling Rocks" stamp set.  I used a bunch of great Stampin' Up! products to make it and threw in a curling ice joke of my own..note the "pebbles!"

For those of you who don't know, curling ice (unlike hockey or skating ice) is hand prepared with a layer of "pebbles" or droplets of water that are sprinkled onto the ice and freeze.  To get the great surface we play on, the pebbles are then "nipped" off (or shaved off) to give the unique running surface that is unique to curling.

So this card is my Thank You to curling ice-makers everywhere!

Back to the card and what I used:

To get the "pebbles" I used that wonderful Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder that's featured as a Sale-a-bration product this year.  (Spend $50 before shipping and tax and you can get it for FREE!)  I have to admit, I thought of the ice pebbling as soon as I took it out of the box.  Very fun and also very useful for texture.  Look for more cards with that one, soon.

The circles for the "house" were made using the Framelits Circles Collection Dies (#130911) and a 1/4" circle punch for the button.  And the Thanks So Much stamp in a circle is from "A Fitting Occasion" (#127049 clear mount on page 86 of the 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! catalog.)

I also used the wonderful Photopolymer Stamp Set "Another Thank You" (#133454).  I really appreciate how well these stamps cling to acrylic blocks.  They're amazing.

Thanks for stopping by!

Here's the full recipe:

Stamps:  Undefined Stamp Carving Kit (Curling Rocks stamp set carved by yours truly!), Another Thank You (Photopolymer Stamp Set), A Fitting Occasion

Ink: Smokey Slate, Real Red, Stampin' Write Markers in Basic Grey and Real Red

Paper: Whisper White, Smokey Slate, Pacific Point, Real Red

Accessories: Big Shot, TIEF Decorative Dots (SAB), Framelits Circles Collection, 1/4-inch Circle Punch




No comments: