I really like butterflies, especially in artwork. I enjoy them in photographs, in paintings and, of course, on cards and paper arts projects, too. Here is my favorite Butterfly card. It uses the blue-green palette of Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, and Mint Macaron. I chose something cooling for this hot time of summer. The Butterfly is from the Butterflies Thinlits collection. I cut it out of Shimmery White Cardstock and then spritzed it with water. (be sure to place it on a paper towel so it doesn't saturate your work surface!) Next, I used the ink refills for the color palette and an aqua painter and touched the color to the butterfly letting it spread across the wings. If it dried too fast, I gave it another spritz of water. Then I set it aside to dry completely while I worked on the rest of the card. (You can also heat set the color, if you need to save time.) The background images are from the matching Butterfly Basics stamp set on p. 124 of the current Stampin' Up! catalog. (If you didn't already guess, the stamps and Thinlits bundle together...) I used the Thanks from the Another Thank You set (p. 15). The flower in the center of the Butterfly is from the 2015-2017 In Color Blossom Accents (p. 160). I attached it with a glue dot and then mounted the Butterfly on the card.
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Another Thank You
Ink: Island Indigo (ink pad and ink refill), Lost Lagoon (ink pad and ink refill), Mint Macaron (ink pad and ink refill)
Paper: Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Shimmery White Card Stock
Accessories: Big Shot, Butterflies Thinlints Dies, Aqua Painter, 2015-2017 In Color Blossom Accents, Mini Glue Dots

No comments:
Post a Comment