Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thank You Card Class

 I'm so excited to be teaching a card making class at a local community center on the first Tuesday of the month for the next 4 months!  If you're in the Columbia, MD area, check out the Harper's Choice Community Association site for details.  Come join me on September 1.  This month we're doing Thank You cards.  Here's a preview of what we'll be doing.

I decided that each class we'll not only feature a theme (Thank You, Birthday, All Occasions, Winter Holiday) but we'd try to learn a technique or two, as well.  This month, we're focusing on using Sponge Daubers to add color to card projects.  Each of these cards uses a Dauber to add color, highlight a focal point or to create a background.



In the first card, I used the Vintage Leaves stamp set (p. 88 in the 2015-2016 Catalog.)  I love the line-art in this set.  Heading into Fall this will be a lot of fun to play with.  It also matches the Leaflets Framelits Dies (Yes, it Bundles!!) so watch for some future cards with this combo.  Colors are: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzaz.  The Dauber is used to add color to the line art of the stamp.

Card number 2 features the new Bold Butterfly framelits cut from Vellum.  I also used a trio of fun Punches.  2" Circle, Ornate Tag Topper and the new Banner Triple Punch (all on p. 165).  You'll find the Sponge Dauber used to highlight that circle.  It could also be used to highlight the dry embossed background from the

Finally, Card number 3 uses the Sponge Dauber and the Dots and Stripes Decorative Mask (pl. 157) to create the background.  Plus, I added color behind the sentiment stamp as a highlight.  The Thanks a Latte stamp was part of the July Paper Pumpkin kit. Check the link out for more information about this monthly kit club.

No comments: