Thursday, March 24, 2016

Bonspiel Time Again!

I've had a couple of people ask me about the bags for the Potomac Curling Club's signature Cherry Blossom Bonspiel.  I really love creating these for the club.  This year, I went with a "Paper Lantern" idea.  They're pretty easy to make with the Circles Collection framelits, the wonderful Word Window Punch and a forgotten tool:  the crimper.  And, yes, I found another wonderful use for the ornament topper die from the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies! I had seen this basic idea for a lantern years ago and filed it away for future use.  This year seemed appropriate.   Over the years I've collected Cherry Blossom images and I reuse them.  The curling stone stamp is one I created myself.  The image of the house in the background is sponged with Pacific Point and Real Red inks.  I used an old Circle Cutter to get the larger circles and the Circles Framelits for some of the smaller ones.   The numbers are stamped from the Number of Years stamp set.  I had to free-hand the apostrophe using a Stampin' Write marker.   The word "Team," of course,  is replaced with the individual team names (this was my prototype bag).  Thanks for stopping by.   Good Curling to everyone coming to Potomac for the Bonspiel this weekend.  


Here are some close-up shots of the "lanterns"  and here is the recipe in case you are interested:

Stamps:  Number of Years (current, Occasions Catalog, p. 11), Embrace Life (retired), Eastern Elegance (retired), Dream Gardens (retired), Curling Stone hand carved by Emily (that's me)
Ink: Real Red and Basic Black markers, Melon Mambo, Real Red and Pacific Point Classic Ink Pads
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Gold Foil Sheets

Accessories: Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Collection,  Triple Banner Punch, Word Window Punch, Crimper, Black Twine, Mini Glue Dots, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Stampin' Dimmensionals,  Plain White Gift Bags

No comments: