Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fall Cards Class


Happy Fall!  I knew it was fall when we were travelling in Maine last weekend and the temperatures were dipping into the 40's and 30's at night.  The air up there was crisp and clean.  I'll post more about the trip (yes, it pertains to Paper Crafting!) in a future post.

In any case, it got me excited to dive into Fall Cards.  This one is a combination of new and a touch of old.  I'm teaching my October First Tuesday Card Making class next week.  The theme is Fun Fall Cards.   Here is a peek at the cards we'll be doing.  The first uses the Jar of Haunts Stamp Set. (p. 55 of the Holiday Catalog).   I also grabbed the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Halloween Night Baker's Twine to compliment.  You might wonder about the sentiment.  I reached into my retired stamp collection and found that "For All Things" had the perfect Fall sentiment.

The second card uses the same Jar of Haunts Stamp Set, but in a more traditional Halloween Card.  I love the spiders in this set.  Plus, those jars are really useful.

The sentiment comes from Spooky Fun (p. 52, Holiday Catalog).  I also used the Basic Black Bakers Twine available in the Annual Catalog (see p. 179.)

For the third card, I was inspired by all the wonderful ideas I've seen on Pinterest using the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies (p. 52, HC)  Thank you everyone whose projects I've pinned/saved/liked, you're too numerous to credit everyone.  You inspire me greatly!

In this card, I turned to two of my favorite Halloween colors:  Elegant Eggplant and Smoky Slate.  This is decidedly a "quick and easy" type of card.  It comes together in a flash.  A bit of sponging on the Smoky Slate background gives it a shadowy feel in keeping with the season.

I hope you enjoyed this peek at next week's class.  More fall fun to come.  Thanks for stopping in.

1 comment:

Valérie said...

How fun! I wish I lived closer to participate to you classes!