Tuesday, September 20, 2016

What I've Been Working On...

 It's been awhile since I've posted.  The end of the summer was pretty busy getting prepared to send our youngest off to college.  It's been quite a roller coaster ride.  But here we are with a quiet house except for a very loud cat.  More about him in a future post.  However, now I've got lots of time to put my papercrafting ideas into action.

Here's the first one.  It went off in the mail today.  I made my daughter 6 popcorn boxes using the Popcorn Box Thinlits Die and matching Ready to Pop stamp set (See page 17 in the Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog for all the details) .  The box also included a bag of her favorite popcorn, an I-Tunes Card (any party needs some good tunes!) and a Jigsaw Puzzle for her to invite friends for some downtime.  I remember when I was away at college the trip to the mailbox was something special.  Even though we're really connected with Texting and E-mail and all that, it's still fun to get something thoughtful in the mail.

I had so much fun making these that I'm making them in other colors to send to some of my daughter's friends who are off to college for the first time, as well.  I include picture below of one that uses Peekaboo Peach and Tangerine Tango.  Oh, that's the special popcorn behind, just in case you were wondering.  It's very tasty.

I hope this project inspires you to make something special for your family or friends!  Here are the details.  Thanks for stopping in.

Stamps:  Ready to Pop (#141513)
Ink:  Real Red, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot, Popcorn Box Thinlits Dies(#141473..or Bundle it with the stamp set! #142284), Large Oval Punch (retired, but you could use the Layering Ovals Framelits (#141706, p.193) as well!)  Fast Fuse Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals




1 comment:

Valérie said...

Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing this and inviting others to act and send something fun to surprise our loved ones!