Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Heading for the Holidays

As we are now into November, here's the time to jump fully into the Holiday Crafting season.  What better way to start than with a solid dose of Cute!  One of my favorite children's Christmas cartoons is the one the BBC did years ago of the Beatrix Potter story of the Tailor of Gloucester.  Not only is the music beautiful, the animation is fantastic.  The minute I saw the Merry Mice stamp set in the Holiday Catalog (p. 23) I thought of the little mice helping out the ailing Tailor finish the elegant coat for the Mayor's wedding.  They make me smile and I hope they do the same for you.

This is the first card I made with the set.  This was also one of the cards I included in the Church Auction selections.  Fun colors and that warm looking sweater.  Here's what I used:

Stamps:  Merry Mice
Ink: Basic Grey, Garden Green, Markers: Cherry Cobbler, Delightful Dijon, Garden Green, Smokey Slate, Pink Pirouette
Paper: Very Vanilla, Delightful Dijon, Cherry Cobbler, This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (p. 172, Annual Catalog)
Accessories: Blender Pens, Baker's Twine Trio Pack, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Gold Wink of Stella Glitter Brush (on star and ornament)

No comments: