
Every November, our church has an auction fundraiser. Those of you who have visited here in past years know that I've donated cards for this auction for a number of years now. It's one of my favorite reasons to craft. It also helps me use up paper and supplies that need to be moved on and appreciated. This year, I donated 25 assorted Thank You cards, 25 assorted Birthday Cards and the usual selection of Christmas Cards. The Christmas Cards I will share more of in future posts. The Birthday and Thank You cards I put in a decorative box for display on the Silent Auction tables. This year, I turned to the retired Painted Blooms Designer series Paper for decorating the box. You can find these boxes at Craft Stores. They're relatively inexpensive. The 6x6 faces are pretty easy to decorate. I paired the paper with coordinating card stock cut with some of our current Thinlits dies. Yes, I know the Blackberry Bliss is a retired color, too, but it's one of my favorites. I had some extra paper and die-cuts so I made one Thank You card that matched the box. Whoever wins the bid on this item will have a fun surprise when they find this matching card in the box!

Here's what I used:
Stamps: Flourishing Phrases (on the card)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss (retired, again on the card)
Paper: Whisper White (card), Blackberry Bliss (both box and card), Blushing Bride (both), Rose Red (Both) Designer Series Paper Painted Blooms (retired, 2015 Occasions Catalog)
Accessories: Big Shot, Flourish Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Pearls Basic Jewels, Hello You Thinlits (Box)
Here's a slightly-clear close-up of the lid of the box. I think you can get the idea.
Thanks for visiting and reading through today!
No comments:
Post a Comment