When my work space starts to look like this, you know it's time for another Bonspiel and some more welcome bags. This time, it's for the Embassy Row Spiel hosted by our home club. (visit curldc.org for more details, curlers!) With the Embassy Row, each year a different Country is featured. This year in honor of the host country of the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics, we're featuring South Korea.
Starting point for my design was the South Korean flag and I went with that lovely center focal point first. Here's where the Curling and Crafting intersect best. I looked at the design and thought "How can I make that quickly and easily with the tools I have?" Then it came to me: Paisley Framelits Dies! You just have to adhere two together, attach to a piece of scrap paper and then punch the circle out with the 2" Circle Punch. I've added some of the pictures of each step below. I thought the design would make a perfect center to a curling house, so the design worked from there.
Other current products I used in this design were the Large Numbers Framelits and the Layered Letters Alphabet stamps. I did a flashback to a retired color for the Brilliant Blue ink and paper. The curling stone is a stamp I carved awhile ago. It's gotten a lot of use over the years.
Thanks for stopping by. If you're curious about curling, visit the link above for the Potomac Curling Club or http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling to find a club near you.
Stamps: Layered Letters Alphabet (AC p. 155)
Ink: Real Red (Marker), Basic Black (Marker), Brilliant Blue (Classic Pad, retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Brilliant Blue (retired)
Accessories: Big Shot, Paisley Framelits Dies, Large Number Framelits Dies, 2-inch Circle Punch, Fast Fuse Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
Here's one more picture of the Finished Bag. Good Curling!




No comments:
Post a Comment