I've been trying to create and send unique cards to my daughter each week. She's probably getting sick of them by now. This one, however, I'm pretty proud of. One of her favorite things to do is watch TV shows for the young at heart. Octonauts was one of her favorites and her favorite character was Shellington the Otter. How can you resist an Otter with a Scottish accent? So naturally, I had to re-create Shellington in Cardstock. I had been inspired by a Pinterest post from Kelly Kent in Australia from February of 2015. I saved it knowing that I would want to visit it someday. (Thanks for the inspiration, Kelly!!) I paired the Octonauts idea with the current Seaside Shore Stamp set and By the Shore Designer Series Paper. Of course the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies has that great aqua-plant piece that is so useful for many things.
To make Shellington, I used the 2 of the Layering Ovals Thinlits Dies for the head. His tuft of hair and collar are from the Fox Builder Punch (as are the ears) The nose is from Pyramid Pals and his mouth line is from the matching Playful Pals Stamp Set. Eyes are from the Owl Builder Punch. His hat is the retired Small Oval Punch paired with 1/2" Circle punch and one of the circles from the Builder Punches (oops, I forgot to write down exactly which one...). Instead of the Octopus insignia, I took Kelly's suggestion and used a star from the Confetti Stars punch. The body is another oval trimmed to fit. Colors: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Basic Black and the circle background is Bermuda Bay (it's actually an old piece of the retired
Textured version of the card stock that I found and decided to use!! (See yesterday's post..I'm trying...) Thanks for visiting today.
Here's the rest of the supplies:
Stamps: Seaside Shore, Playful Pals
Ink: Pacific Point, Mint Macaron, Calypso Coral, Soft Suede
Paper: Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Suede, By the Shore Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, Layering Ovals Framelits, Pyramid Pals Thinlits, Fox Builder Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Small Oval Punch (retired), 1/2" Circle Punch, Confetti Stars Punch, Mini Glue Dots, Fine Tip Glue Pen


No comments:
Post a Comment