Monday, October 3, 2016

Spooky Fun

 October has arrived.  It's going to be a fun crafting month.  First job is to start crafting some gift packaging for Halloween Candy that I can send off in boxes to my kids.  Here's the first trio of ideas including one card to show how you can use some extra pieces of Designer Series Paper to keep the scraps to a minimum.

  The Holiday Catalog has several great packaging products for all the Fall and Winter Holidays.  I'm hoping to show you several over the next few months.  I really like the The Home Sweet Home Thinlits Dies (Holiday Catalog, p.40)  The boxes here I copied pretty closely from others I had seen on-line.  The box itself is pretty easy to line up on a 1/2 sheet of 8.5x11 card stock as in the one on the right cut from Smoky Slate.  There is minimal waste.
When you're lining up the die on Designer Series Paper it can be a bit tricky, but if you're careful, you'll have enough extra another house front (or two) for use on cards. Here's the result.  I also loved the idea to use the Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper as the light shining in the window of the house.  Use a 1" square of the paper and some mini glue dots and you have an "instant glow."  

My favorite stamp in the  Sweet Home stamp set that coordinates (and Bundles!) with the die set is that little ghost, so I had to put him in the card.  I also used the other Halloween-themed Bundle from the catalog the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies (p. 52) and it's coordinating Spooky Fun stamp set on the card.
Needless to say, it was great to pull from both these product bundles to create some fun scenes and boxes.

In case you're wondering, the house contains wrapped Peanut Butter Cups.  I loaded the box through the bottom and closed it with some adhesive Velcro pieces.

Thanks for stopping in.  Here is a list of some of the products I used.  Enjoy!

House Boxes

Stamps: Sweet Home, Ghoulish Grunge
Ink:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper (Holiday Catalog, p. 55)
Accessories: Big Shot, Home Sweet Home Thinlits Dies, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fast Fuze Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

Card:

Stamps: Spooky Fun, Sweet Home
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Home Sweet Home Thinlits Dies, Halloween Scene Edgelits Dies, Metallic Enamel Shapes, 2-1/2 inch Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

No comments: