Friday, October 7, 2016

More Halloween Treats


Here's the next set of Halloween Treats that I made to send the kids.  I hope you enjoy them.  This post is a bit longer because I included a tutorial on how I made them in case you can't get to an event to make them.  I used Jar of Haunts stamp set, and various papers and embellishments from the Halloween Night suite of products on pages 50 - 51 of the Holiday Catalog.  The treat bags are from the main catalog.  I'll try to highlight things as I go along in the tutorial.  Since this is my first attempt at a tutorial, please be patient if I get too wordy!  Hope you enjoy making these fun treats.  Of course they start with Candy Corn (a Halloween staple in our house because my son doesn't eat chocolate)

1. Take a 3" x 12" piece of cardstock (here:  Halloween Night 12 x 12 Cardstock Pack from page 51)

    These are Basic Gray and Pumpkin Pie.  Score at 5" and 7"




2.  Fill a Gusseted Cellophane Bag (p. 176 in the Annual Catalog, a bargain at $4.50 for 25 bags!)  with treats.

    Seal Bag with Halloween Night Designer Washi Tape (p. 51 in the Holiday Catalog) or any Washi Tape to match your project.

   I'm always looking for ways to use Washi Tape and this is a quick and easy one!
 3.  Fold Cardstock on scorelines and put 2 strips of strong adhesive in the center section to hold down your treat bag.

    I used Fast Fuse Adhesive (see p. 182 in the AC) for this.  But any strong adhesive such as Mini Glue Dots or Tear & Tape Adhesive (also p. 182) would work just as well.
 4.  Staple the two ends of the cardstock together.  If you haven't tried Stampin' Up!'s  Handheld Stapler (p. 185 of the AC) it's a dream for this.  Plus the staple is a nice mini size.
5.  Cover up that staple with more of the Halloween Night Washi Tape.  If you want, wrap it all the way around for more stability.
 6.  Add a 2.5 x 4" rectangle of Halloween Night Designer Series Paper and a 2" x 3.75" piece Coordinating Cardstock on the front.
 7.  Wrap Halloween Night Baker's Twine (p. 51 HC, again!) around and tie a knot a the top of the bag.
 8.  Stamp Sentiment in Pumpkin Pie (or coordinating) ink on a 1" x 2.75" piece of Whisper White and punch end with Triple Banner Punch (p.186, AC) and punch 1/8" hole in the top for a tag.  Tie onto Bag.  Use a Stampin Dimensional on the end to secure.

    Stamp Jar, Spider and Candy Corn from Jar of Haunts Stamp Set (p. 55, HC)  in Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White Card Stock.  Cut out the Jar with Every Day Jars Framelits.  Color Candy Corn with Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers and Draw the Spider's Thread with Basic Black marker, too.  Adhere with Dimensionals.  Add Halloween Night Enamel Dots for extra embellishment (p. 51 HC)
 Here is another shot of some finished bags.  The complete set of 5 are at the top of the post.

Thanks for sticking with it!  Hope you've enjoyed.  If you would like to see more tutorials, please let me know in the comments or via e-mail.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: