Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Paper Pumpkin: Using the Extras

 One of the best (and most challenging) things about Kits is the fact that you usually have leftover supplies after you finish the projects.  This is especially true of Paper Pumpkin Kits.  I don't know about you, but I have a hard time using these extras up quickly enough.  This month's kit was really cool. It came with enough supplies to make 16 of these cute Treat Tubes.  I filled mine with Chocolates and gave them to people who attended my two classes last week.  They're really fun.  But what to do with the extras? 


 Well, I decided to use another Thinlits Die set that I hadn't used in awhile:  The Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  It fits gift cards, large candy bars, or, in this case, 6 mini Kit-Kats, a favorite of mine.  
So, once again, I used products from the Halloween Night Suite (the Holiday Catalog, p. 50-51)  I decorated the bags with extra pieces of Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper and coordinating card stock colors.  On the Basic Gray bag, I used some of the Halloween Night Designer Washi Tape on the bag and, yes, on the Twisty Tie.  I don't know about you, but we have so many extra Twist Ties around.  See the photos below for how I made this one.  Another great use for Washi Tape!

Stamps: Something Good To Eat (from September Paper Pumpkin Kit)
Ink: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Soft Suede
Paper: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Halloween Night Specialty Designer Series Paper, Printed Die Cuts from September Paper Pumpkin Kit, Adhesive Banners from September Paper Pumpkin Kit
Accessories: Big Shot, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, Halloween Night Washi Tape, Halloween Night Baker's Twine, Mini Tassels, Linen Thread (extras from the Paper Pumpkin Kit, too!) 

Twisty Tie photos: 

1. Twisty Tie.  It doesn't have to be perfect.








  2.  Place Tie on Washi Tape
 3. Fold Washi Tape over top to cover and seal
 4.  Trim Washi Tape
5. Close your treat bag!  With style, naturally.

No comments: