Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Inspired by a Tie

I have been singing in the same church choir for 30 years.  Through the years, what keeps me going back is the wonderful group of people that I sing with each week.  I am so lucky to know each and every one of them.

Every once in awhile, I get inspired not by our beautiful music, but by the clothing people wear.  This card on the right was inspired by, of all things, a necktie.  Paisley is currently undergoing a resurgence of sorts.  You see the patterns everywhere in Home Decor pieces, in clothing and in paper crafting.  I have to admit I didn't have any idea what to do with the Paisleys and Posies stamp set until I saw the tie.  But since then, I've been a fan.

This card will be part of my November First Tuesday Stamping class, so if you're going to be there, here's a sneak peek.

Here's what I used:  Stamps: Paisleys & Posies (p. 47, Holiday Catalog)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Mint Macaron
Paper: Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper, Copper Foil Sheets
Accessories: Big Shot, Paisley Framelits Dies, Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon

 Here's a picture of the tie in case you're wondering:


It turns out that Paisley is a pattern that means a lot to my friend's family, so I was inspired to craft several cards for them.  Here is another of the cards I made.  Sorry the photo isn't too clear.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you get inspired to create by a fabric near you, too!

No comments: