Tuesday, April 17, 2018

More colors we will miss...

...and a stamp set, too.  So along with Chocolate Chip, there are 13 "Core Colors" that are retiring.  Three of them are featured here.  Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum are all currently in the Regal Collection of colors.  I think Perfect Plum as been around since I started as a Stampin'  Up! customer 20 years ago.  That was before I  signed up as a demonstrator in 2002.  (Yes, it's been That long...)  Any of you out there interested in moving from customer to demonstrator and want to chat about it, please let me know.  I'll gladly answer any questions you may have. 
   Back to this card...in keeping with the "saying goodbye" theme, I decided to feature the Remarkable You stamp set (found on p 142 in the Annual Catalog).  The lovely images in this set make very elegant cards.  They're also really easy to fussy-cut.  I know, dies are the big thing, but every so often it's kind of therapeutic to sit and trim around an image.  Anyone else think so?  The background is stamped with the leaves in Always Artichoke on Always Artichoke card stock (tone-on-tone is one of my favorite looks.)  I then stamped one flower in Perfect Plum, one in the Elegant Eggplant, and the leaves in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla card stock.  I added the color with a blender pen.  When it came to a sentiment, I needed a Thank You card so I decided to give some love to the Occasions Catalog as well and used the Petal Palette Bundle (Petal Palette Stamp Set and Petals & More Thinlits Dies, p. 23 in the OC.)  This bundle only will be retiring so if you want to save 10% on the products you should do so before May 31!   Once again, thanks for visiting.  Here are the product details:
Stamps: Remarkable You (retiring), Petal Palette
Ink: Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Petals & More Thinlits Dies, Blender Pens, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: