Happy Wednesday. I hope you're enjoying a day filled with sunshine. We finally have a Spring day here in the Mid-Atlantic. And while much of the country is still digging out from more snow, I thought a flash of Flowers might be just the thing to help.
This cheerful birthday card uses a number of products we will be saying "Good-bye" to at the end of May. It's so easy to make, however, that I think I'll make several sets changing up the flower and the sentiment. The Stylized Birthday stamp (p. 80 in the Annual Catalog) is one that I've used often. It makes such a quick card. Here I stamped it in Dapper Denim, one of the 2016-2018 In-Colors that will also be retiring. Another old favorite, Flower Shop (p. 28 AC), along with it's coordinating Pansy Punch (p. 207 AC), will also be retiring. Here I stamped the flower image in both Pink Pirouette (retiring core color!) and Rose Red (another long-time color that will be going away, as well.) I had the card all assembled when I thought, "I really need some green!" The set, sadly, has no leaf. Luckily, I remembered that the Painted Harvest Stamp Set and it's matching Leaf Punch (See p. 55 of the Occasions Catalog!) So, I stamped two leaves in Wild Wasabi (yes, another retiring color,) punched them out, and had the perfect amount of leafy green. I added a few of the Glitter Enamel Dots (p. 196 in the AC) for a bit of sparkle.
Yes, Spring is on its way! I need to keep reminding myself. Hope this card helps you remember, as well. Thanks for the visit!
Stamps: Stylized Birthday (retiring), Flower Shop (retiring), Painted Harvest
Ink: Dapper Denim (retiring), Rose Red (retiring), Pink Pirouette (retiring), Wild Wasabi (retiring)
Paper: Whisper White, Rose Red (retiring)
Accessories: Pansy Punch (retiring), Leaf Punch, Glitter Enamel Dots (retiring), Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:
Post a Comment