This past week, my Dad turned 90! What a milestone. It was great to be able to share it with him. He's amazing. Likes walking, researching our family history and baking. Since my Mom's birthday is two days after his, he made her a cake, too. I hope I'm still baking things for people when I'm 90.
Anyway, a special day deserves a special card, so here's the card I made. It's a large one, measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". I used the wonderful new Cake Crazy stamp set from the Occasions Catalog (p. 7) plus the cake stand image from Build a Birthday (p. 25 in the Annual Catalog). The "90" is die cut from a retired Sizzlit Alphabet set from a long time ago. Any larger size numbers would do. Color scheme was mostly the Brights, plus Cucumber Crush and Crushed Curry. I even stamped on the inside of the card which looked like this: I used the Stylized Birthday (p. 16 in the AC) and the Letters for You stamp set (p. 137 in the AC).
Again, I stayed with a brighter color scheme. Because the card is so large, I needed an envelope to match. Luckily, the Envelope Punch Board (AC p. 184) came to my rescue as did the Star Blast Edgelits Dies (OC, p. 11) and the Large Letters Framelits Dies (AC p. 193). The stars are the cut-outs from the Star Blast Edgelits. Just used them up as decorations on the Envelope. The Oval is from the retired Ovals Collection Framelits, but any shape behind the letters would work. Many thanks for visiting today. Enjoy!
Stamps: Cake Crazy, Build a Birthday, Stylized Birthday, Letters for You
Ink: Versamark, Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Cucumber Crush, Pacific Point, Real Red, Envelope Paper 2015-2017 (retired, but you could use this year's paper from p. 176 AC), Daffodil Delight,
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Big Shot, Large Letters Framelits Dies, Star Blast Edgelits Dies, Ovals Collection Framelits (retired), SNAIL Adhesive



No comments:
Post a Comment