Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The 5-Card Goal

At one point, I thought to myself "I really need to make a 5-card goal."  I have all these lovely stamp sets that I can use to make any card I need.  However, some of those sets get passed over, frequently.  So I've decided to try for a "5-card Goal" for my stamp sets.  (Maybe I should make that a #5-card-goal ?)  What that means for me is a that each stamp set I have needs to be used to design 5 cards.  I know, pretty crazy, but it might just get me using the sets I have to some sort of potential.  Maybe?  
So, when I found out that Stampin' Up! will be featuring a special soon on their Paper Pumpkin monthly kit club, I thought "What a Perfect place to start with the 5-card-goal!"  Here are 3 of the cards/projects that came in the July Paper Pumpkin Kit "Positively Picturesque."  The kit included a photopolymer stamp set and enough supplies to make 8 cards, 2 each of 4 designs (The 4th didn't make it into the picture,but you can see it in this video.  Anyhow, the nice thing about using the kit as a starting place is the color scheme is already planned for you.  All you need to do is start designing cards with the stamp set and the extras from the kit 

Here is what I had leftover this time.  Some washi tape in Soft Sky and Powder Pink.  A few dimensionals, the two Stampin' Spots in Soft Sky and Tranquil Tide and the cute stamp set.   

So off I went.  I added the 4th color, Lemon Lime Twist, a few Big Shot dies, an embossing folder and some cute matching embellishments and ribbons.  Here are my cards.  #5-card-goal has been met for this set!  Wish me luck keeping it up.  I'll list the additional supplies next to each card.

Here's the first one I made.  This was inspired directly from the card in the kit. Additional supplies: Whisper White Card Stock, Tranquil Tide Card Stock, Lemon Lime Twist and Powder Pink Ink,  Powder Pink 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon.


This next card used some additional card stock and the same 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon in Lemon Lime Twist.  The Starburst Die is from Paisley Framelits Dies (see p. 216 of the Annual Catalog).  I cut it in half and attached it to each end of the "Hooray" element.  Again the additional supplies: Whisper White. Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and Powder Pink card stock, and the Lemon Lime Twist 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon 


This card would make a sweet New Baby Card, too.  I added the Ruffled 3-D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in the background and one of those really cute In-Color Bitty Bows in Powder Pink.  The only other addition was the Sweet and Sassy Framelits Dies to cut out the heart.  Card stock was Whisper White, Soft Sky and Powder Pink.





I like the way this one came together.  Only addition here was card stock and the Eclectic Layers Thinlits Dies.  I used the Triple Banner Punch to punch the end of the banner.  Card Stock used was Whisper White plus Soft Sky, Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide (It's back behind the center of the flower, in case you were wondering.)












Here's the last one.  I used the Layering Circles Framelits and the Metallic Enamel Shapes in Silver as the additional products.  
Thanks for sticking with me.  I hope you enjoyed the #5-card-goal today.  
 Maybe it will inspire some future posts, as well.  
Also, be sure to look for that Paper Pumpkin special when it goes live on Friday.  I might post another piece on it soon!  

No comments: