Monday, April 13, 2009

Have a Cold One

Happy "Back-to-Blogging" day! Here's a fun card for any of your favorite Frosty Beverage-loving friends. Made with the "guy-card" idea in mind, but it would work for anyone unwinding with a cold one. Yes, that's "foam" on there. I found a tube of (old) Liquid Applique (I wish we still carried it! Fun stuff!) and puffed it up with the heat tool to make the froth frothier. I also used a clear Glaze pen to get the glass mug to look a bit more realistic. You could also use Crystal Effects from SU for a similar look, but I'm out of it right now. The card is cut so it flips open the long direction (Cut the base to 4.25 X 11 and score at 5.5") Here's the recipe. Hope you enjoy the card, your week. I'm happy to be back.

Stamps: Cheers To You
Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel Marker
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, To the Nines Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories: 1-3/8 inch square punch, 1-1/4 inch square punch, Liquid Applique, Gloss Clear Glaze Pen, Dimensionals

No comments: