Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thinlits Card Number 1

This is my first attempt at a Thinlits Die card.  This die makes a great Swing Card.  What fun.  I have made these cards in the past and they were incredibly labor-intensive.  Not with the Die, however!  Stampin' Up! is offering 2 of these dies now.  One is the Label Card Thinlits (133479) and the other is the Circle Card Thinlits (133480).  I have the Circle Card one and I am really enjoying it.  I'll post the other samples in the next two days so you can see what I've been doing.

This is the front of the card.  It features the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set and the Label Love stamp set with matching Artisan Label Punch (yes, it's bundle-able! see p. 32-33)  I chose some In Colors to highlight Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe, and Wisteria Wonder which has been added to our current color collection (yippee!).  I also added the new Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon as an embellishment.  Here's a flatter picture of the front of the card.  You can see the Circle element a better in the second shot.

Now for the inside.  When you swing the card open, this is what you see.  I flattened it a bit for the photo.  I was trying to keep it simple with the elements from the Die set for the inside.  I love the YAY.  I think it's kind of fun.
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Label Love
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Wisteria Wonder
Paper: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Accessories: Punches: Artisan Label, 1-3/4 inch Circle and 1-3/4 inch Scallop Circle, Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlits Dies, Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon, Stampin' Dimmensionals, SNAIL adhesive.

Enjoy!

No comments: