Friday, July 28, 2017

Christmas in July

Summer is fantastic!  However, after a few solid days of 90-degree temperatures and 90% humidity I find myself starting to think of cooler weather.  And cooler weather always leads me to Christmas and Winter and Holiday Paper Crafting ideas.   Of course, today we're having thunderstorms here in the Mid-Atlantic, but I'm still thinking about the Holidays.   It also helps that I received my pre-order of the brand new Carols of Christmas bundle just this week.  "The What?" you ask.  This stamp set and its matching Thinlits dies will be available in August as an "Early Release" product in anticipation of the always-inspiring Stampin' Up Holiday/Fall-Winter Catalog (available on September 1.)  The Carols of Christmas stamp set comes with this bold Deck the Halls image, the two ornaments you see here (in a stamped image of three), plus other fun images.  It bundles with the Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies.  No, I didn't "fussy cut" those ornaments.  They have a die to match!  This is the first card I made with the bundle.  It's similar to many that I've seen on-line recently.  The sentiment fits inside the large oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.  I used a bit of gold thread for the ornament strings.  The pine boughs are cut from Garden Green paper using the Pretty Pines Thinlits dies. The striped paper is from the Be Merry Designer Series Paper (p. 113 of the AC.)  Thanks for visiting.

Stamps: Carols of Christmas
Ink: Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Be Merry Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits, Pretty Pines Thinlits, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Gold Metallic Thread, Metallic Foil Doilies

No comments: