While we're waiting for the Holiday Catalog to launch in September, I thought I'd post a few more "Christmas in July (and August)" ideas for you. There are many products already available to help channel the cooler temperatures of December and January, so I decided to discover (or re-discover) some of them in the next few posts.
Today's card was once again inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest using the Carols of Christmas stamp set and it's matching Card Front Builder Dies. The original card was from Mary of Stamps-n-Lingers who posted a really cool version using all sorts of copper. I don't know Mary, but I loved her card. (Thanks, Mary!)
So, here's my version. Since we're discovering products that are already around, I chose to use several from the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. The background is the Sheet Music background stamp from page 165. I stamped it in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla card stock. The designer series paper are two of the patterns in the Be Merry Designer Series Paper (on p. 113.) I used another pattern in the post from last Friday. The copper trim is also new this year and can be seen as part of the Wood Textures Suite on p. 158-159. I love how it goes with the distressed look of this card. Finally, I'm rediscovering the Stitched Shapes Framelits dies from page 214. While the "Deck the Halls" just barely squeezes in on the oval, I added some sponging on the edges and the holly sprigs to help balance the tight fit. And yes, the holly fit in a die from the Card Front Builder set. I popped them on with the new Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. I just discovered these on p. 203. Normally, I trim up the edges of my regular sized Dimensionals. However, the Mini's give a bit more stability to the smaller pieces. They're well worth the $4.00 for a package of 720! Hope you enjoy today's card. Stop back tomorrow for some more Winter Card fun.
Stamps: Sheet Music, Carols of Christmas
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler marker
Paper: Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Be Merry Designer Series Paper
Accessories: Triple Banner Punch, Big Shot, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Copper Trim, Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments:
Post a Comment