I recently hosted a "One Sheet Wonder" Class. I have done them before, but this time I wanted to focus on products from the Coffee Break Suite. You can find them on pages 30 and 31 of the 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you're not familiar with the idea of a Suite of products, I highly recommend taking a look at some of the Suites in this catalog. A Suite really makes paper crafts easy to plan and coordinate because everything was designed to be used together. In the case of the Coffee Break Suite, you first get a look at some really fun samples in the photos on page 30. Next, on p. 31, you see all the products together from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper to the Coffee Cafe Stamp Set and matching Coffee Cups Framelits Dies. They've even added some texture to the Suite with the Corrugated Elements and 3/8" Classic Weave Ribbon. So if you're looking for a place to start creating, this is it. Actually, any of the Suites work the same way if Coffee isn't your thing. So be sure to take a look.
I know, your next question is "But, what's a One Sheet Wonder?" A One Sheet Wonder is a way of using one Sheet of Designer Series Paper to create a series of projects. In the case of my class, I took one sheet from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper pack, cut it down and used the pieces to make 14 different cards. Yes, you heard me correctly, 14 Different Cards. I started the design process with the Sheet of Paper and from there looked to the Suite of products and their coordinating colors for guidance. How easy! I only had to add a few coordinating embellishments and a couple extra stamps, but most of the products I used and the color scheme came from this Suite. Here are Cards #2 and 3:
Notice in Card #3 I used the same Suite of products to create a different theme. Not all my friends like Coffee, so we did a few different ones to showcase the versatility of these products. Over the next few of days, I'll post the 14 cards, so please stop back in.
What I used for these 3 cards:
Stamps: Coffee Cafe, Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Ink: Soft Sky, Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
Paper: Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Designer Series Paper Coffee Break
Accessories: Big Shot, Coffee Cups Framelits Dies, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Corrugated Elements, Linen Thread


No comments:
Post a Comment